In Cuba, Internet access is offered through public Wi-Fi hotspots, Navigation rooms and recently by mobile data.
For the use of the Internet via WiFi, users must first sign up for Nauta access accounts. These accounts can be temporary or permanent.
Permanent accounts are the most effective for users residing in Cuba and can be recharged at ETECSA's stores or through telecom agents.
The ETECSA rate for this service is 0.70 CUC per hour of navigation.
Nauta WiFi can also be recharged from the outside and the process is very fast. In Fonoma we provide this service:
Here are the steps and you'll see it's very simple:
- Enter https://www.fonoma.com/internet by logging in with your Fonoma user.
- Insert the Nauta account and the amount you wish to recharge. The amount range is between 10 CUC (minimum) and 50 CUC (maximum) for each transaction. If you want to send more balance, then you'd have to send more than one recharge. Then, click on Send Recharge.
- Choose the recharge amount among the options in CUC. Immediately next to it, you can check the equivalence in USD or EUR (minimum 10 CUC and maximum 50 CUC).
- If you haven't yet registered a payment method, choose one among the options we offer: credit card, debit card or PayPal.
- Enter the information requested for the card:
- In the next window, you can confirm payment and that's it. Your recharge is processed in a matter of seconds. Make sure to review your recharge before you send it to avoid mistakes.
Likewise, if you wish to use your credit in the payment, clicking on the circle of Use credit discounts the credit you have saved from the total value.